Deployment of medAppraise’s MSDR® system provides a cost-effective care model to measure physical health that (a) targets wellness and injury prevention, (b) reduces operating expenses, (c) increases productivity, and (d) delivers data essential for sound decision making for employers. Key benefits include:
- Promotes the development of the industrial athlete. MSDR® assessments can identify employees who have compromised musculoskeletal functionality and can benefit from targeted rehabilitation services to optimize their industrial athletic condition.
- Reduces the frequency of workplace injuries resulting from musculoskeletal disorders. Leveraging information from baseline assessments and annual re-assessments, the rate of change in musculoskeletal health can be determined. Outlier trends can be identified and corrective actions initiated to mitigate the risk of future injuries.
- Enhances return to duty determinations for injured employees. Through an annual baseline approach, the most recent MSDR® assessment obtained prior to the occurrence of a workplace injury sets the “goal” of therapy. Upon conclusion of post-injury rehabilitation, an MSDR® assessment can be performed to confirm the employee’s pre-injury functionality has been restored.
For the Onsite Clinic:
- Introduces a new revenue stream through annual MSDR® The assessments can be utilized through the continuum of the employee healthcare cycle from post-offer/pre-hire screening to surveillance of employee “wear and tear” to post-injury rehabilitation and ultimately return-to-work.
- Uses existing staff to perform MSDR® This allows for optimization of staff productivity thereby eliminating additional costs. medAppraise’s Assessor Accreditation Program ensures that MSDR® results are reproducible across the entire installation base.
- Creates new data analytics services to provide industry comparative data on musculoskeletal health trends.
- Enhances customer “stickiness” for retention of existing clientele.